Terms, Conditions & HIRE AGREEMENT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – BURE VALLEY CYCLE HIRE
Our deposit scheme is implemented in order cover Bure Valley Cycle hire for any damages incurred to bikes, accessories and equipment hired by the customer.
A refundable deposit amount of £50.00 per bike will be charged to the customer upon collection of the cycle. The deposit charge is refunded upon return of the cycle, on condition that there has been no loss or damage caused to the cycle, accessories or equipment. The deposit will be paid upon collection of the equipment, and MUST be paid in cash.
We have various sizes of Specialized Mountain Bikes, with front suspension. The tyres on these have been filled with “Goop” meaning any puncture will instantly repair itself.
We recommend a minimum height of 5’0″ for all riders.
All bikes will be supplied with a combination lock, and helmets are available free to charge. We strongly recommend that all customers wear a helmet.
If for any reason you need to cancel your booking, please advise us as soon as possible with at least 24 hours notice. Regrettably, should you need to cancel within the 24 hours notice period, we will not be able to return your hire fee, we will however honour a mutually agreed re-booking date if we have a slot available for you.
BICYCLE HIRE AGREEMENT
- I/We have read & accepted the full Terms & Conditions of Bure Valley Cycle Hire.
- I/We have inspected the bicycle(s) prior to signing this agreement and have checked they are in a satisfactory and safe condition and fit for purpose.
- I/We will only use the bicycles on appropriate highways/roads/byways and cycle paths.
- I/We fully indemnify Bure Valley Cycle Hire and its owners against injury to myself my party or any third party.
- I/We will return the bicycles in no worse state of repair than at the start of the hire period and that Bure Valley Cycle Hire reserve the right to charge for any repairs and replacements.
- I/We recognise that cycle helmets are loaned free of charge and all cyclists are strongly advised to use them.
- I/We recognise that cycling can be dangerous and acknowledge the risks involved.
DISCLAIMER – YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN BEFORE EACH HIRE
I agree with the terms and conditions applied by “Bure Valley Cycle Hire” to its bike hire activities.
I am a competent rider of this type of Bicycle. I totally absolve Bure Valley Cycle Hire from any liability arising howsoever whilst I am responsible for their bicycle. I indemnify them for any loss or damaged caused. I understand that riding a bicycle is dangerous and I freely accept the liability and all costs arising from injury to myself and third parties.
I understand that I should have personal insurance cover. I will test the bike and will ride only when I am happy that it is in satisfactory condition. I understand that components such as brakes, tyres and control cables will deteriorate whilst riding and accept this inherent danger.
Terms & Conditions of Bure Valley Cycle Hire:
- Bicycle hire is subject to availability.
- The full hire fee must be paid upon booking. Your booking is not complete until we have received and acknowledged payment, and confirmed by email. If payment has not been received within 24 hours of payment link being emailed, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
- All bicycles are ridden at your own risk. Accepting the hire agreement is accepting full liability for any accident or injury to either the hirer or any third party. The hirer is at all times personally liable for any accident that they may cause or damage to people or property. Personal insurance cover is not included. We recommend you take out personal insurance cover prior to the hire period.
- The hirer must inspect the bicycle before accepting it for any damage or defects. Acceptance of the bicycle is acceptance that it is in good roadworthy condition. Any marks, damage or defects should be notified on the hire agreement form prior to signing. The hirer is responsible for returning the bicycle(s) in no worse condition than at the commencement of the hire period.
- Bicycles and equipment hired on a rental agreement remains the property of Bure Valley Cycle Hire and if the equipment is not returned, or is damaged beyond repair we reserve the right to charge the hirers for the full cost of the equipment and any loss incurred within a 1 week period.
- The hire fee includes free use of a helmet and lock. Any loss or damage of accessories will incur and additional charge.
- Please cycle sensibly, with respect for others and the natural habitat. Cyclists are expected to follow the Highway Code in particular the “Extra rules for Cyclists” (Rules 187-211). Anyone cycling in a discourteous or unsafe manner will have the equipment repossessed with no refund of hire charges.
- All bikes must be returned to the agreed meeting place by the end of the stated hire period. The hirer is responsible for the safe return of the bicycle to the Bure Valley Cycle Hire at the end of the rental period. Failure to return the bicycle may result in additional hire charges being levied
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an individual who is over 16.
- We recommend helmets to be worn at all times and bikes must be locked whenever unattended.
- Cycle helmets are provided free of charge for customer use, however you will not hold Bure Valley Cycle Hire responsible for any loss, damage or injury including death to persons or property with regard to the use of the cycle(s) and equipment supplied.
- You accept responsibility to Indemnify Bure Valley Cycle Hire against any claim, interest, demand or expense in respect of such injury or damage.
- Cycles should be locked to a permanent fixture whenever left unattended. Theft of an unlocked bicycle will be the responsibility of the hirer and will be subject to a charge to cover the replacement of the bicycle and its accessories.
- Bure Valley Cycle Hire reserves the right not to hire equipment to an individual for whatever reason.
- We reserve the right to charge for repairs and if necessary replacements.
- The hirer will not undertake any manoeuvre which is beyond their level of skill or outside the bikes capability.
- The hirer must be in good health and their eyesight is up to the standard required for a road driving test. They must not be suffering from any medical conditions or disability which is likely to adversely affect our normal control of the bicycle.
- We do not accept liability for death, personal injury, loss or damage to personal effects to any participant, nor can we accept any responsibility for delays or changes to your period of Hire due to weather, strikes, war, terrorism or other causes.
- In the event of a mechanical failure, other than punctures, where the hirer is unable to return the bike to the meeting place please secure the bike and contact Bure Valley Cycle Hire on 07824 992513, who will endeavour to rescue the bicycle(s).
Click below to download our Cycle Hire agreement.
£15 for 4 hours
Half Day Hire
4 hours hire, either
9am – 1.00pm or
1.30 – 5.30 pm
£20 for 8 hours
Full Day Hire
Set off for a full day of exploring at your leisure.
Why not bring a picnic?